Friday, June 19, 2009

Seed Beaded American Beauty Earring Pattern

These earrings would be perfect for the 4th of July!
Feel free to use the pattern to make yourself a pair (or buy them in my Etsy shop!).
You will need to know how to do a two drop brick stitch and looped fringe.
Size 11/0 round or cylinder type beads will work best. I used Toho 11/0 seed beads in
cobalt silver lined, silver galvanized matte, ruby silver lined matte and white opaque (but any shade of red, white, blue and silver will work).
(click on photo below for larger image)

check out this website for really helpful, free beading tutorials:

want to make your own designs?
look here for free bead graph paper:

Like this pattern?
Check out my book of 15 patterns!

© 2009 threemoonbabies / Marjorie Dalgarn, All rights reserved.You may use this tutorial to make jewelry for sale. If you do so, please link back to Marjorie Dalgarn (http://livingwiththreemoonbabies.blogspot.com) in the item description.

4 comments:

Red Red Completely Red said...

Ooh, wow! what fun earrings! And how nice of you to post this in time for me to learn to make them! :)

Marjorie said...

Hope that you do! They are fun to make:)

Unknown said...

I did these in black and gold with the stars being pearl. This is only because I'm in the uk and they look stunning. I also made one with regular beads to match as a pendant, truly unique and fabulous. Thank you so much for your inspiration.

Marjorie said...

The earrings in black and gold sound beautiful! I'm so happy you liked the pattern!